Why do we collect Sales Tax?
Under Florida Administrative Code # 12a-1.037
Summary of below Code:
- Is have you had 2 or less personal sales this calendar year?
- If yes, move on. If you have then you must file for a resale license.
- Did you and pay sales tax on the item(s) being sold?
- Documentation of sales tax paid? Probably not…. But if you do then
- Sale your items and report all sales to the County Tax Clerk before the 22nd day of the 1st month following the close of the calendar qtr.
- This does not mean that at garage or private sales you need to collect sales tax, it means you must report the sales as a private seller.
- Estate companies are business and not private sellers. (like thrift stores selling used items, as a business they must collect and report sales tax)
This is why you need an Estate Sale Company who collects and process’ sales tax for your sale! Estate Liquidator is a company you hire to conduct report and close your sale.
If you have questions you can always call the State Tax Collector at 850-617-8346